Monday, July 14, 2008

Blast from the past and a view of the future (part 1)

When I was 16 I met someone who I would want in my life forever. Little did I know the journey we would embark on. After aprox. 10 year of not seeing each other Kara and her daughter Samantha arrived from California. We spent the next week touring Annapolis and Washington DC.



We walked Main St. The kids met the presidential candidates (hehehe)
Sampled the free fudge and ice cream.






We finally settled at the city dock for ice cream, a view of the ducks and the boats. This was the beginning of a new friendship between Erika and Sam. The two became inseparable over the next two weeks. They have been gone for 3 days, the phone calls and emails have started. I hoped they would be friends, but who would have known they would follow in thier mothers' footsteps. Tearful good-byes and all. more on their visit later







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww Kara! I remember her mother cleaning the toilet by putting her hand in it and scrubbing. I was horrified, but after being told that it was just plain water, I now do it myself...sometimes. :) It sounds like you had a fun visit!