
My sister and niece both do a Flashback Friday. So here is mine today.
A laundry fold in. When both my parents were working the clean laundry would pile up on top of the dryer. There was a lot of it with 6 kids. So on Saturday's my mom would pile all of the clean laundry on the kitchen table and we would all stand around it folding until the job was complete including the socks and the laundry was put away. I can remember hating it, my arms and legs would get tired, but we also had a lot of fun. My mom would catch up with all of us, we would tell jokes, sometimes we would listen to tapes, make sock puppets, put underwear on our heads. The biggest lesson I learned is that what seemed an impossible job by your self went quickly with many hands helping. Thanks Mom for all the lessons. So I got caught up on all my laundry this week with Erika's help. I have a pile of clean laundry known as Mount Laundry, that will be conquered by a family fold in.... hopefully nobody will put my bra on their head.
1 comment:
I totally remember the "fold in". I remember doing everything I could do to get out of it. I don't have such fond memories of it but I do remember the underwear on the head!
Post a Comment