Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!

Wishing all the Mom's in my life a very Happy Mother's Day.
Before I was a Mom,
I never tripped over toys
or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or
not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom,
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on. Chewed on. Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom,
I never held down a screaming child
so doctors could do tests.
Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin. I
never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom,
I never held a sleeping baby
just because I didn't want to put her down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces
when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so
small could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom,
I didn't know the feeling of
having my heart outside my body..
I didn't know how special it could
feel to feed a hungry baby..
I didn't know that bond
between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small
could make me feel so important and happy.

Before I was a Mom,
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night
every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth,
the joy, the love, the heartache,
the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much, before I was a Mom.
A special thanks to my mom and my mother -in law for being such great examples. To my sisters and sisters in-law, for helping to remeber to find the joy in motherhood and to remind me that I am not alone in the wonderful world of Motherhood.

No comments: